Wednesday, August 13, 2014

TMNT

I went to go see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Marcus Cinemas last night and I came away not hating it, which is better than I thought going in. I was a huge fan of the TMNT franchise as a kid and so I figured, why not give it a whirl? I also don't really like Megan Fox, so for her to be in the lead was another hurdle that I had to get over, but all in all, the movie was pretty good.

You can't go in with extremely high expectations, but if you're able to kick back and enjoy a wholly unrealistic tale about vigilante adolescent turtles, well then, it's pretty good. It's very Michael Bay-esque (EXPLOSIONS!!!) but there aren't many glaring plot holes that stick out like a sore thumb. The Turtles aren't too strange looking and there are enough decent action scenes and comic one-liners to make it worth it.

It's not going to win any awards, but it's satisfying from a nostalgic action movie experience. And I'd recommend seeing it in theaters, if you can, rather than waiting for Redbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment