Wednesday, January 9, 2013

MLB Hall of Fame Voting


I understand why there was no one voted into the Hall of Fame this year. I get it. That doesn't mean I agree with it. In my opinion, HOF voters should look at the ballot this way: This is the list of people that Major League Baseball has determined are eligible. They're all in current good standing with the league, and this can legally be voted into Cooperstown. I don't think it's right for writers to then impose their own moral slant on the issue, trying to decide who is or isn't connected to performance enhancing drugs. If they're on the ballot and you think their performance on the diamond is Hall of Fame worthy, vote them in. Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens and the like should all be in the Hall of Fame. Period. End of Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment