Monday, October 21, 2013

Best week of food in a long time

I had the good fortune of being able to go on trips each of the past two weekends, which is the reason I've been in and out of the studio of recent.

It started 10 days ago when I went to Washington DC where I had some delicious Korean food, some El Salvadorean papusas and one of the best chili dogs I've ever had. This past weekend, I attended a wedding in Kansas City where I got to gorge on some of the best barbecue ever. God I love food.

My first sushi experience here. Spicy crab roll from the East coast...fresh and actually pretty good. Some stuff was pretty bland (avocado and cream cheese and rice? Ugh.) More flavor = better.


 
Papusas from El Riconcito del Sabor  in Virginia. They're pockets stuffed with pork and cheese. Yes please. And I put the restaurant name in italics because I always say it with an accent.



And I got a tamale too, just because.




A look at the "half smoke" chili dog from Ben's Chili Bowl near Capitol Hill.





Oklahoma Joe's looks pretty unassuming, right?



Boom.



Ribs, brisket, sausage, fries, Texas toast and gumbo.

Holy buckets.


Lots of great eating the past week. Time to hit the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment