Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Magic Gatorade

Growing up, I hated Michael Jordan. I loved basketball, but I hated the fact that he and the Chicago Bulls were so good and dominated the 1990s. As I got older, I came to really respect his ability and what he was able to do on the basketball court, especially the "Flu Game" against the Utah Jazz. When I saw the Gatorade commercial highlighting that game a few weeks back, I thought it was a genius spot. I never thought that it was trying to claim that Gatorade had magical powers. It was just a damn good commercial. In fact, here's the spot I'm talking about.


Great commercial, which is why I think this article is a joke.
The Public Health Advocacy Institute is claiming that then spot "encourages teens to engage in dangerous behavior." So they're not supposed to play sports? Right. C'mon people.

No comments:

Post a Comment