Thursday, May 31, 2012

Where does it stop?


 Apparently in NYC, Mayor Michael Bloomberg is trying to impose regulations on the size of sugared beverages. I understand the idea behind it, but I don't agree with it one bit. This is America, land of the free and home of the brave. We can vote for who we want, pray to whatever god we choose to, or even put steak sauce on a nice filet mignon if we choose. (Tip: If I ever buy you a steak, don't put steak sauce on it. I may punch you.) But the government is going to regulate how much sugar is in our beverages? Awww hell no. If I want a 52 oz. mega buddy blue raspberry/lemon lime sugar-infested slushie, I believe it should certainly be my prerogative to rot each and every tooth out of my head with one. And if we start regulating our beverages, what's next? Regulating my freedom to wear socks with sandals? What color car I can drive? This ain't the USSR. It's America.

No comments:

Post a Comment