Monday, October 1, 2012

Parade!

I don't think anyone could have asked for anything more out of Saturday's parade. It was gorgeous weather, buckets of fun, and from most accounts, people got home safe and sound. I got to see the parade from a different perspective this year, being in the parade rather than watching from the sidelines. I joined one of the "floats" from our sister station, Today's Talk 1490, on a big ol' BS Spreader heading down the parade route. We played music, had a great time and handed out can coozies to the crowd. It was awesome to see the throngs of people up and down the parade route and one thing I learned is if the crowd thinks you're having a good time, they'll have a good time with you. Jumping up and down and dancing on the float all day left me exhausted, as I went home promptly after to pass out for awhile. Thanks to all that came out to support the La Crosse Radio Group, and happy festing for the rest of Oktoberfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment