Monday, December 3, 2012

LINCOLN


I went to go see "Lincoln" at the Marcus Theatres - La Crosse last night, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I knew plenty about Abraham Lincoln going into the movie, you know, everything that we all learned in history class. Was President during the Civil War, freed the slaves, got shot at Ford's Theatre. So basically, I thought that's what the movie was going to be about. While I was correct (not really a spoiler there), it was an extremely well done movie. Daniel Day-Lewis portrays Lincoln phenomenally, and the costumes and settings needed for a 1860s period piece were also spectacular. To base the plotline on Lincoln's entire life would have made the movie much much much longer than it already was, so I'm glad that Steven Spielberg chose to focus the plot on a much narrower timeline in Lincoln's life. It's extremely dialogue heavy and comes off as very authentic. Very solid movie, and I full expect to hear much more about it come Oscar time.

No comments:

Post a Comment