Monday, November 26, 2012

Franchise movies


So I went to go see Skyfall with my family this Saturday. I love the James Bond franchise and was very much looking forward to this movie. But the movie, to me, was almost too good. No spoilers here, but Javier Bardem is an excellent villian. He's very cerebral and methodical, and most of all brilliant, which to me, is the most terrifying type of villain. But here's the thing. It's a franchise movie and I'm keenly aware that the main character isn't going to die. James Bond might have a gun to his head in the first 15 minutes of the movie, but you know that it's a 2.5 hour movie, and they're not going to off the main character. Plus, considering there have been 23 Bond movies and there will likely be more, you've got a good idea that Bond won't die at any point of the movie. Not saying I didn't enjoy Skyfall, but knowing that took out a little bit of the suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment