Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hoping for more Luck of the Irish


Good news USC: Notre Dame is on the cover of SI this week. I'm not sure if I believe in the SI cover jinx, but as a Notre Dame fan, I'm convincing myself that I don't. My rationale for this is that this wasn't supposed to be Notre Dame's year. The Fighting Irish came into the season unranked (or 24 or 25th, depending on where you look, but still). They have a redshirt freshman quarterback. The lofty expectations weren't there. They have scratched and clawed (and lucked) their way to an 11-0 record, and I really enjoy watching how this team plays. They're a blue collar, hard nosed team that wins on defense and a running game. I'll be watching Saturday night with bated breath, hoping they can take down USC, the preseason #1 team, on the road, in LA. I'm hoping Irish eyes are smiling down on Notre Dame this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment