Monday, August 18, 2014

Golf

I know that you probably don't care about my golf game, but I'm going to write about it anyways.

Saturday was my first day off in months. Nowhere to drive to, no baseball games, no weddings. So a buddy and I played 18 holes of golf Saturday morning and it was fantastic. Here's why.

First off, I had been struggling with my driver for quite some time, to a point where I didn't even hit it the last nine holes I played. I hit 5-wood off the first two tees and then my buddy gave me one little tip after imploring that I hit my driver off the next tee.



Sure enough, something clicked and I started booming the ball off the tee. And it's funny what that bit of confidence can do to your golf game. I started chipping better and putting better, and when it was all said and done, I had the best score of my life.

I mark down on the scorecard what I get for each hole but I restrain myself from tallying up my score until the very end. Bad luck or something, because I was stoked to find out I shot an 86. Probably not as good as your best round, but it was literally seven shots better than my previous best of 93.

So there. I'm bragging, but I don't care. And I'll probably shoot 100 next time out. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment