Friday, August 29, 2014

Ironing

Are guys supposed to know how to iron? I don't mean for that to sound sexist, but where do I go to learn? Sure, my mother taught me when I was a freshman in high school, pressing a shirt for homecoming, but since then, I've just been winging it.

I had to iron a dress shirt and a pair of pants for my brother's wedding this weekend and I really had no idea what I was doing. I basically tried to find a wrinkled area, lay it flat, and hammer it with the hot iron. I don't think I ruined the shirt, but I definitely didn't do a professional job.

I opted to really slack off and not do the sleeves or the back of the pants because, come on, out of sight, out of mind, right? I'll have a suit coat on and then when I inevitably take it off, I'll be rolling up the sleeves.

These are my thoughts. I didn't burn myself either, so that's a plus.




No comments:

Post a Comment