Friday, October 17, 2014

Gone Girl

I went to go see Gone Girl last night at Marcus Cinemas, and I was very excited to do so.

I had some pretty high expectations based off of what people had been saying on social media, and for the most part, the movie lived up to the hype it had been getting. I did have a few takeaways, however...


1) The movie had me checking my phone to see what time it is, which I take as an indication that it might be a bit too long.

2) On the same token, I still wanted more from the movie. There were certain aspects of plot points that I want elaborated upon, but alas, they didn't come. The movie probably would have been much better as an HBO miniseries, but as a friend told me this morning, what good movie wouldn't? (I should probably read the book.)

3) David Fincher is the man. There's just something to the way he shoots movies. Wow.

4) The acting was actually really good. Ben Affleck was awesome, Rosamund Pike wasn't someone I knew but I thought she was also very good. NPH worked in his role, and I came away really liking Tyler Perry as well.

5) I'm not sure it's good enough to come away with any of the top Oscar wins, but it was good enough for some nominations and maybe a win for cinematography or something like that.

All in all, it's a captivating story line that was done well. Worth a few hours at the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment