Thursday, October 23, 2014

High Life Heist

YOU MESS WITH HIGH LIFE, YOU MESS WITH ME.

Well, kinda. 


Van Thomas was trying to live the American dream. After years as a trucker, he bought a semi three weeks ago and started a company of his own.

Thomas was traveling from Texas to Pompano Beach and was on his last stop before a delivery in Orlando when his entire truck and alcohol cargo was stolen.

"I don't mean to cry about it but I'm just trying to do the best I can and make a better life," Thomas told WFTV.

Inside the truck was 44,000 pounds of Miller High Life, which comes out to about 9,700 four-packs.


Just when Thomas thought he lost everything, he received a phone call telling him the truck and most of the cargo had been located.

"Oh, my God. That's beautiful," he said.

The call came in from detectives that the truck had been found in Miami.

I'm not sure I see the upside to stealing 38,000 beers. It's not like you're gonna be able to sell them second hand, and you can't even make a dent in the supply before it goes skunky. Glad the guy got his truck back though, even though only "most" of the beers were returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment