Wednesday, September 11, 2013

One of those days I'll remember forever

I was 13 years old on September 11, 2001, and it's one of the handful of days of my life that I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing. I was in 8th grade, sitting in the computer lab at my middle school when my principal came over the loudspeaker to vaguely describe what was happening in NYC. I remember being glued to the TV when I got home, trying to make sense of it all as a young teenager who was just starting to figure out that there was actually a world outside of my little life. It's hard to believe for me that 9/11 was a half a lifetime ago for me, and I've never really known a world without all of the changes that day brought about. I can't begin to thank enough all of the first responders and brave civilians that gave everything on a day that no one in this country will ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment