Tuesday, June 3, 2014

It can be cool to see your home town make the news but other times, it's a little surreal.

You've probably heard of the 12-year old girls accused of stabbing another 12-year old right here in Wisconsin over the weekend, and it's truly one of those odd, tragic events that seem to pop up all too often these days. The fact that it happened in Waukesha - my home town - over the weekend, made it that much more strange to me.

I'm not sure if strange is the right word, but I don't know what is. I used to work for the City of Waukesha and I've been in the exact location where the stabbings happened. Just a weird thing to think about.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did a fantastic job of detailing all the charges, and while my head was spinning while reading, I couldn't help but think how much this sounded like a bad cable movie.

But apparently, it's very real.

I feel terrible for all the families involved, especially that of the victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment