Thursday, June 5, 2014

Skepticism

I was contacted by this guy earlier today, who apparently got my number from a friend. He introduced himself as an "entrepreneur" who works with "endorsements and marketing for companies online."

So right of the bat, I was skeptical.

I decide to let this guy keep typing - this was all via text, by the way - and he goes on to explain how he works for these big companies and is interested in setting up a phone call to chat, but he can't make any promises.

No less skeptical at this point.

I ask a few questions, and apparently he wants me to "earn more without juggling so many things" simply by doing some "word of mouth marketing." But again, he wanted to make sure I'd fit "their" culture.

Not once did he mention who "they" were and I stopped him before he asked if I could provide anyone else for him to contact.

I'm not saying this wasn't legit but...

No comments:

Post a Comment