Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tip Shaming

I was at a restaurant last night, and I ended up with an entree that I didn't really like. I was a little upset, not because the food was prepared poorly (it wasn't), but because I took a chance on something on the menu and it didn't appeal to my taste buds the way I'd hoped.

Oh well, such is life. One thing I wanted to be cognizant of was not to tip poorly just because I didn't like my food. It wasn't my server's fault (she did a wonderful job) so I didn't want her to suffer because of it.

I'm not trying to take the high-and-mighty approach to tipping here, but it's an interesting subject matter. A tip is just that, going about and beyond. Is it expected? To a certain extent, yes, but it's not 100% automatic. Which is why I don't really have a problem with what LeSean McCoy did here.

Sure, he was millions of dollars, but he also has principles too, right?

And for the PYT restaurant in Philly to try to "tip shame" McCoy on social media is wrong, and I'm glad it backfired in their face.

Read more of the great details here: http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/09/restaurant-tip-shames-lesean-mccoy/


LeSean McCoy

No comments:

Post a Comment