Monday, May 19, 2014

Wrigley

I had the opportunity to head down to Wrigley Field yesterday for the Brewers vs Cubs game yesterday and let me tell you...Wrigley isn't all that impressive.

First thing, it kind of comes out of nowhere. Not that that's bad, but we were walking down the street and then all of a sudden, boom, there it is.

It's obviously older, which means that things aren't designed ideally. I wanted to get up, go to the bathroom, get a beer and a hotdog, and it felt like that took forever.

There's no jumbotron, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but I like to know some of the statistics from the game without having to go searching for it.


It was cool and nostalgic, but as far as baseball goes, it felt like a minor league park.

One thing that I was impressed by was the bar district surrounding the park, Wrigleyville.

We got some food after the game and watched the end of the Blackhawks game, and it was very enjoyable.

I may sound bitter because the Brewers lost, and that's true, but I think I can look at it pretty objectively. Plus, it's a long drive.

I'm glad I got to check it off my bucket list, but I'm not really dying to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment