Friday, July 20, 2012

Spoiler-free Dark Knight Rises thoughts

I went and saw The Dark Knight Rises at midnight. The movie let out at 3:05, and I was at work by 5:30. Do the math. But, it was 100% totally worth it. The movie is fantastic. Here are a few of my thoughts on the flick, with no spoilers. I promise.

1) Anne Hathaway can rock a leather Catwoman suit. Not that that's surprising.

2) Tom Hardy is jacked, and plays Bane different than any villain I've ever seen in a movie. When he talks in the movie, pay attention. It's not the easiest to hear, but it's important to the plotline.

3) Christopher Nolan is a genius. Unlike some directors, it's not all about explosions and special effects. Each scene is planned out brilliantly.

4) Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman are the best. Absolute class.

5) Joseph-Gordon Leavitt is going to be a star.

6) I'd stack this Batman trilogy against any trilogy in cinematic history. Godfather, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Spiderman, all six Rocky movies, Terminator, and all the other ones I can't think of. It's far and away my favorite.

7) See the first two movies before seeing Dark Knight Rises. It helps understand who Batman is, and adds to the story line of a number of other characters as well.

8) I wonder how this plot line would have differed had Heath Ledger not died.

9) I want a Batmobile.

10) Did I mention Anne Hathaway is kind of attractive?

No comments:

Post a Comment