Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Beer!

One of the many things great about Wisconsin is the vast number of breweries and beers that this fine state produces. I'm a person that prefers to drink local if possible, even if it means buying a case of Old Milwaukee diesel for the weekend. I could easily run down a list of my top five favorite Wisconsin beers, without even really having to think about it. You know what? I'm going to do that right now. So in no particular order, here's my list.
Photo courtesy of WXOW.com

1. Pearl Street Brewery El Hefe
2. New Glarus Spotted Cow
3. Horny Goat Brewery Horny Blonde
4. Central Waters Honey Blonde
5. Great Dane Crop Circle Wheat

As you can tell, I'm a much bigger fan of lagers and lighter beers than a dark porter or stout. That's one of the reasons I am stoked to try the new Rubber Mills Pils that Pearl Street Brewery is rolling out. PSB, like so many other local breweries, know what they're doing when it comes to beer.

1 comment: