Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Losing the Big Game


As you might know, I'm a huge Notre Dame fan. I had a pit in my stomach heading into last night's game against Alabama, so you can only imagine what I felt like as the game progressed. The opening drive was bad. The Crimson Tide asserted their will from the first play of the game, and it was all down hill after that. Alabama is far and away the best team in the country, and I don't care what Oregon, LSU or Texas A&M fans say. They would have gotten slaughtered just like Notre Dame did.

It was awesome watching the Fighting Irish all season long. I'll remember the wins against Oklahoma, Stanford, Pitt and USC for quite some time. It was certainly a let down in the title game, but I do take some comfort knowing that they lost to a superior team. It wasn't dumb mistakes or just bad play. They could have played nearly flawless football and still lost. Alabama is just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment