Thursday, January 24, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook


I had heard good things about Silver Linings Playbook, so I decided to go see it the other night. To me, it kind of was a whole new genre - the romantic dramatic comedy, or the RomDramCom, as I dubbed it. It wasn't cheesy like your standard RomCom, as there were very serious elements brought into the storyline. The reason it worked was because of the acting. Bradley Cooper took on a very difficult role and nailed it. Jennifer Lawrence was cast perfectly as the female lead. I would have liked more of Robert De Niro and Chris Tucker in supporting roles, but I thought they complemented the story line quite well. It was another movie that left me wanting to read the book too, which i think is a good compliment for a movie. I won't be surprised to see SLP come away with an Oscar or two at the Academy Awards next month. Check out showtimes while you still can at marcustheatres.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment