Monday, December 23, 2013

Anchorman 2 review

I really only wanted to get one thing done this weekend, and that was go see ANCHORMAN 2. As I've said plenty of times before, the original Anchorman is one of my favorite movies of all time, so I had pretty high expectations going in.

It has the whole original cast - Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carell - was there, which is essential for a sequel, in my opinion. The movie then adds to the cast with the likes of Harrison Ford (ever so briefly), James Marsden (whom I love) and Meagan Good (whom I wasn't very familiar with), but there were a great deal of cameos, much like the first, that helped the movie as well.



The first movie was classic for its witty, quotable one-liners more than anything, and 48 hours after seeing the sequel, there aren't any quotable lines that stick out in my memory. The plot is a bit ridiculous, like expected, but there are certain parts that draaaaaag out a bit too long and detract from the overall experience of the movie. There are also certain plot points that are underdeveloped (Will Brick find love?) but it's a comedy, not a Oscar-worthy drama. My gauge of how entertaining a movie is typically how many times I look at my watch/phone to see how much is left of the movie. I found myself doing that a few times on Saturday.

People have been asking me how my movie was, and I think I figured out how I want to summarize it: funny, good cameos, a bit long and the plot was lacking, but overall, it's doesn't irreparably harm the sterling reputation of the original.

If you were going to see it before, still go see it. If you weren't going to, you're probably still not going to. But there are worse ways to spend two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment