Tuesday, December 10, 2013

What are the odds?

Some people just have bad luck. I've never hit a deer with my car, but I've driven over part of a dead one and drove underneath one that the girl in the lane next to me hit. Close calls, but nothing like this.

A 27-year-old woman was knocked out by a flying deer while jogging in Virginia. Yes, that's right.
Krystine Rivera was running by the side of Clairborne Parkway in Ashburn last week when she was hit by an airborne deer, the Washington Post reported.
The deer had been struck by a nearby car.
Rivera told Washington TV station WRC she never saw the deer coming.
"I was running, then I was on the ground and then was listening to the paramedic," she said. "I'm surprised I made it out alive."
Both Rivera and the driver were hospitalized, but the deer did not survive.


Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/national/jogger-knocked-out-by-flying-deer/-/9357144/23392090/-/10kpf25z/-/index.html#ixzz2n6r3kQGa


Photo from http://shenkitup.com/wp-content/uploads/watch-for-flying-deer-teenage-boys.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment