Thursday, June 13, 2013

Athletes and the Internet

Every day, the presence of athletes is growing more and more on the internet. Whether it's on Facebook,  twitter or on a personal blog of some point, athletes are out there online. While many of them may read everything that are written about them, very rarely do you find athletes responding to critics. Fans? Sure, they'll interact with the people that like them. But seeing someone call out a critic is not something we see everyday.
So when RedEye Chicago posted about how they felt that David Terrell is one of the most overrated players in Bears history and a "bust" - which he is - Terrell personally responded. Here's my favorite clip from the interaction:

RedEye: What would you have given to play with a quarterback like a Jay Cutler?

Terrell: (Laughs, for a long time) I would have cut off both my balls. I’d give those up, no problem. You could have neutered me. I woulda been neutered with a smile.

Apparently he wasn't a big fan of the quarterback carousel in Chicago - Rex Grossman, Chad Hutchinson, Kordell Stewart, Craig Krenzel and Jonathan Quinn, just to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment