Friday, June 7, 2013

Favre admitting fault?

The whole Aaron Rodgers-Brett Favre-Ted Thompson saga is played out to me, but there is something that Favre said yesterday that did catch my eye:

"I was at fault."

Whoa.

Many of the Favre-backers laid the blame on Thompson for the way the tail end of Favre's career played out, from Lambeau to the Jets to the rival Vikings.

But in an interview with the Buffalo Bills' beat reporter (not sure how he was able to get the quote out of him, but you can read more here), Favre said this:

“It is what it is. It's over and done with. I was at fault,” Favre told the show’s host Joe Buscaglia. “I feel that both sides had a part in it. If you can go back would I or them have done things differently? I'm sure both sides would have, but you can't.”
That's a change of pace from 2007, don't you think? I've always been in the pro-Rodgers camp, and I can say that I've been that way since day one. The wounds are starting to heal, and Favre is rightfully working his way (and being allowed) back into the fold. It's a great step for one of the most important figures in franchise history, and hopefully some day this will all just be a side note on an illustrious hall of fame career.

No comments:

Post a Comment