Monday, June 10, 2013

Breathalyzer


I've been breathalyzed before. Luckily, it was just a big misunderstanding because I blew 0.00. (I'm responsible!) I remember not worrying when the cop asked me if I would submit to one, because I knew I hadn't had anything to drink and would be just fine. I imagine that's kind of the feeling that Jesse Thornton had last week when he was pulled over. It wasn't the greatest situation (he veered out of his lane a bit), but it wasn't going to be made worse by a DUI. Or so he thought.
After he was pulled over, he answered the officers' questions, but they were not satisfied. He was placed in handcuffs and led to the station for a test where he registered 0.00 on the breathalyzer.

The DUI has been dropped, but Thornton, who is black, is threatening other legal action.

According to ABC15 in Arizona:
Thornton now claims this wasn't DUI.
"It was driving while black," said Thornton.
"This is a case of D-W-B, driving while black," said Thornton's attorney Marc Victor.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment