Monday, March 3, 2014

The Oscars

The reason I wanted to make sure I got my Oscar picks in writing for the major categories on Friday was so I CAN GLOAT BIGTIME TODAY that I went 6 for 6. Yeah yeah, John Axford went 18 for 18. But I'm perfect too!

The cast of Ocean's Fourteen??

More thoughts on the Oscars:

1) Ellen was...ok. She is very likable but I'm not sure she's a natural on that stage. Her pre-planned bits (selfie, pizza, etc) were ok, but when she had to straight read off a cue card, she struggled. It didn't detract from the night, but there have been better Oscar hosts.

2) Matthew McConaughey is way better than just "alright, alright, alright." He's had a reinvented renaissance over the past few years, and deservedly captured the Best Actor award for his role in Dallas Buyers Club. His acceptance speech was a bit out of focus, but that kinda of played into who McConaughey used to be. It was a good effort at trying to explain his evolution as an actor, but his last few roles have been so damn good that we'll let it slide.

3) Why was Angelina Jolie waving during the selfie?

4) Gravity was technically amazing, and cleaned up all of those types of awards, but it wasn't the best picture. It feels like the Academy got this one right, and really, in my opinion, got all of the big awards right.

No comments:

Post a Comment