Friday, February 28, 2014

Official Oscars Predictions

I haven't seen all the movies, and I probably won't watch the actual awards show, but I wanted to put something in writing. With that said, here are my picks for the major categories for this weekend's Academy Awards.

BEST PICTURE: 12 Years a Slave
BEST ACTOR: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
BEST ACTRESS: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave
BEST DIRECTOR: Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity


I haven't done too much research, having only seen Gravity and American Hustle out of the nominees, but I did read Entertainment Weekly, so that basically makes me an expert. What do my predictions mean? They mean that American Hustle gets shut out despite being nominated in all five categories, it means that Leonardo DiCaprio remains Oscarless and perhaps most tragically, the love of my life, Amy Adams, doesn't pick up a gold statuette on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment