Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines Day

One of the things I enjoy asking women about this time of year is their feelings on Valentine's Day. Some love it, some detest it, some fall somewhere in between. For many, it can depend on whether or not they have a special someone to celebrate with, but for some, they feel the way they do whether they're single attached or...somewhere in between.



I understand why some would love it, and I think, on some level, all women do. Or at least they want to love it. Flowers, chocolates, special treatment, so on and so forth, blah de blah. For some, it's very materialistic. I've seen that first hand, and....it's not my favorite. Sorry ladies.

Some see it more as a special opportunity to spend extra time with that person they care about. Boooooooooooooooooooring. What a crock of bs. That's the line they say because that's what they feel they are "supposed" to say. For a minuscule minority, that sentiment is probably genuine. But that's a fraction of the female population. In my professional opinion.

Do I seem cynical? Yes. Do I have reason to be? In my opinion, yes. (Long story there. (Kind of.))

But let me iterate something. MEN - IF YOU HAVE A VALENTINE, THEY HAVE EXPECTATIONS. You don't have to go overboard, but a genuine gesture goes a looooooong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment