Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Braunie

I've been very conflicted about Ryan Braun. I love the Brewers, but knowing that their star player has been tied to and suspended for various performance enhancing drugs? Well, it sucks. I don't know how to feel.

I think his punishment has fit the crime, so to speak, but Braun could have done more to help repair his image. Yesterday was an example of how good he can be, hitting three very different pitches out of Citizens Bank Park for a three-homer day against Philiadelphia. It's as tough a crowd as they come, and he responds with a career day. And I don't think that's purely coincidence.

Do I hate the guy? No. Do I hate what he did? Yes. Do I still love watching him play? Absolutely.

I don't know how to defend him. I really don't. Hopefully his "clean" play will take care of that for me.
Photo from nesn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment