Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Delusional people are the best

I didn't get a chance to see the Home Run Derby live last night as I was fulfilling my duties at the Loggers games, but I did see the highlights when I got home. I was left with one lasting impression: there's a lot of power in today's youth movement. Yoenis Cespedes and Bryce Harper can mash home runs with the best of them, and have as much power as some of the all-time greats. Whether that translates into big in-season home run totals is still to be seen, but the power in baseball is in good hands.

And then there's Jose Canseco, who feels the need to inject himself into any and all baseball conversations. Apparently the (disgraced) slugger feels that he can still compete with the best of them at age 49. Here's what he had to say on twitter last night.


I think he's delusional to think he could legitimately still compete with the best hitters in the game today. But then again, it'd make for great television and I'd definitely watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment