Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Heat

After spending a gorgeous afternoon on the golf course, I decided to hit up a movie with a couple of friends. It was their pick - The Heat - and while there were other movies in the theater I probably would have rather seen (This Is The End, Man of Steel, The Lone Rangers), I left the movie theatre pleasantly surprised with how much I liked the movie. The premise is like many other buddy cop movies - one is straight-laced, the other maybe a bit more improvisational with their methods - but this time it's with women as cops. Like how Bridesmaids was kind of like a female version of the Hangover, The Heat does this for the cop comedy genre. I'm not ashamed to say that I love Sandra Bullock, but like every movie that Sandy's co-star is in, Melissa McCarthy ends up stealing the show. It's easy to tell how naturally hilarious McCarthy is, with small little quips that are all over the movie and elevate it to a whole new level of comedy. The plot is so-so, but it doesn't matter too much. I had more than my fair share of laughs and would recommend it. Check out showtimes at www.marcustheatres.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment