Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Conjuring

Conjuring poster.jpgI typically don't do scary movies. It's not that I can't handle them, but rather that I just prefer not to have those ideas bouncing around in my head. I reluctantly agreed to go see The Conjuring at Marcus Cinemas last night and I was anxious heading into it. It turned out to be more of a psychological thriller than anything, which I'm much more agreeable to. Gore and slasher films? Not so much. But The Conjuring was well acted with people that I actually recognized (Vera Farmiga is very good as Lorraine Warren, and who doesn't love Ron Livingston?). I think the fact that the studio took the time to actually invest in a quality movie made it not only that much scarier, but helped produce a higher quality finished product. And the best part? I slept soundly through the night afterwards. I'm not going to be rushing to the theatres to see another scary movie any time soon, but if you're looking for something that will keep you on the edge of your seat, The Conjuring is definitely that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment