Tuesday, July 9, 2013

This Is The End

In an effort to get out of the humidity yesterday, I visited Marcus Theatres last night to see a movie I had been long awaiting to see - This Is The End. As the movie progressed, I forgot that the plot was an apocalypse movie so I was a bit startled to see that happening. But the movie is very different in that all of the characters just play slightly fictionalized versions of themselves and according to IMDB, 50 percent of the movie is ad libbed. The main cast members - Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Jonah Hill - are all so naturally funny, and all friends in real life, that it feels like the banter is all real and not scripted at all. The movie was probably a whole lot funnier for the actors in the film - and as a result, difficult to film - but it still translated hilariously to the audience. It doesn't crack the pantheon of the funniest movies I've ever seen, but if you're into a good laugh, I'd definitely recommend This Is The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment