Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

Yesterday was one of those days where it's interesting to be on the air. It wasn't the first tragedy I've had to address, which if you think about it, is kind of disappointing. I had to talk the morning after the Batman movie shooting in Aurora, Colorado and I was on the air as the events were transpiring at Sandy Hook. It's not something I like addressing or want to address, but I can't not address it, if it makes sense. It can be hard to immediately contextualize what it happening and splice in my commentary and put it into a coherent thought process. I'm an inquisitive person and a fact finder, so I want to spend the time reading the accounts that were posted and scanning twitter feeds for updates and reading people's reactions. I understand that Classic Rock 100.1 isn't a news outlet and that we're not anywhere near the market where this happened. But to me, it's an event that was the predominant story of the day and evoked a feeling out of everyone American,  somewhere, somehow. I know our bread and butter is our music, but I felt I had to share my opinion, and I appreciate you continually tuning in.

No comments:

Post a Comment