Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Kevin Ware


I was watching the Louisville-Duke game with my parents on Easter Sunday when I, like many other people across the country, let out an audible scream when I saw the injury that Cardinals guard Kevin Ware suffered in the first half. It was one of those things that caused my stomach to drop and me to look away and I hoped I'd never have to see the injury again. I think CBS did a good job with the broadcast, showing the replay just once to kind of figure out what happened, then opting not to show it any more due to the gruesome, graphic nature of the injury. That didn't stop me from accidentally running across a still photo of Ware's tibia sticking out, but as a former basketball player, injuries like that make me really woozy. I've sprained ankles, pulled muscles, torn ligaments and had a few other calamities, but this was on a different level. It was like Willis McGahee/Joe Theismann bad. I feel terrible for Ware, but by all accounts he's a good kid that's doing well and committed to making a comeback. Louisville now has a fallen brother to play for, and I think that makes them the prohibitive favorite heading into the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment