Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Craigslist is an interesting place

I've bought and sold things before on Craigslist, and I think it's a wonderful thing. Sold a car, bought a kitchen table, found a TV for a friend. You can find almost anything you need, and apparently, exotic wild life.

Juan DeJesus of Chicago posted an ad that said: "Baby gator for sale, id consider a trade for a leachie gecko. Sale price is 300 obo asap."

Chicago police showed up and arrested DeJesus for misdemeanor possession of wildlife, and seized the alligator.

Here are my thoughts:

1) Who goes online looking to buy an alligator?

2) Who is going to stumble onto Craigslist and find an alligator for $300 and think, hey, that's a great deal!

3) WHAT DO YOU DO WITH AN ALLIGATOR WHEN IT IS FULLY GROWN! I don't think those things get domesticated.

I'm OK with owning a cat or dog or bird, but not something that could literally rip my face off.

No comments:

Post a Comment