Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The most awkward feeling


I can't imagine that going to the dentist is on anyone's list of favorite things to do. Even if you like your dentist and have a courteous, professional relationship, like I do, your dentist is not your favorite person to have to go see. When asked by the hygeniest/receptionist how my day is going, the sarcasitc side of me enjoys responding with "worse since I showed up here." I had to go to the dentist yesterday to get a cavity filled, and I've had a bit of nasal congestion, so having a drill, mirror, suction hose, water gun plus four human fingers in my mouth wasn't exactly letting me breathe. There was some down time while I was waiting for the anasthetic to kick in, so I took the opportunity to chat up the hygeniest. Of course I didn't feel the novocaine, why not add a bit more? My face started to tingle and I can't talk as well, then the dentist comes in and starts to go to town on my molar. And all the flirting I did with the cute hygeniest went out the window when I'm snorting because I can't breathe and drooling uncontrollably while they're fixing my tooth. Hard to be smooth when half your face is numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment