Monday, April 29, 2013

Texting during a job interview?

I don't think it's bragging to say that I'm proud of my interviewing skills. When I was hired here almost 2 years ago, I was prepared and professional, and I thought I came across as a very quality candidate. Apparently the interviewers thought so too, because here I stand many hours of radio later. However, it appears that employers are seeing the quality of interviews decrease, according to this USA Today report. Here's a snippet that I really like:


Human resource professionals say they've seen recent college grads text or take calls in interviews, dress inappropriately, use slang or overly casual language, and exhibit other oddball behavior.

I know that might be way the current generation acts, but it's generally not their peers that they are interviewing with. It's disappointing that that group has that reputation, but on the other hand, it might give people like you and I a little more job security.

No comments:

Post a Comment