Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Brian May...standing up for what he believes in.

I don't watch American Idol or The Voice or any of those other singing shows, but I respect their merit. I believe that they are show where the cream will rise to the top, and and true talent will be recognized. I can see how famous singers can get surly about the relatively instant popularity that some of these people can attain. According to the New Musical Express, Queen guitarist Brian May thinks that the BBC version of The Voice is the "ultimate insult to music" and the "dullest, dumbest, most depressing show on TV." Again, I've never seen it, but conceptually it makes sense to me, and the ratings seem to go against what May says. I love Queen, but I gotta say that I disagree with May here. Interestingly, I also learned from the article that May wants to keep culling badgers in the UK to stop cattle from getting tuberculosis. The more you know.

Brian May labels The Voice 'the ultimate insult to music'

No comments:

Post a Comment