Thursday, May 9, 2013

Calm down, moms.

Apparently "pinterest stress" is a real thing, with mothers being obsessed with having the cutest invitations/Christmas cards/baby announcements/whatever. Is it really a big deal?

Per NBC: "In our exclusive TODAY Moms survey of 7,000 U.S. mothers, 42 percent said that they sometimes suffer from Pinterest stress – the worry that they’re not crafty or creative enough. Symptoms include staying up until 3 a.m. clicking through photos of exquisite hand-made birthday party favors even though you’ll end up buying yours at the dollar store, or sobbing quietly into a burnt mess of expensive ingredients that were supposed to be adorable bunny cookies for the school bake sale."
Maybe I'm not capable of this made-up thing because I'm not creative enough to want my dog to wear a bow tie to announce the gender of my baby in a facebook picture. (Note: I don't have a dog or a baby.)

I just don't get it.

Is being a mother that big of a competition? 

No comments:

Post a Comment